The container grouping Ocean Alliance is due to start a new service next month which will deploy 330 ships.
Known as the Day 3 Project, it would cover 38 services and the ships would have an estimated carrying capacity of around 3.8mn teus.
The Ocean Alliance members are CMA CGM, COSCO Shipping Lines, OOCL and Evergreen Lines. First launched in the spring of 2017, the new Day 3 network will comprise:
- Nineteen trans-Pacific services, with 12 services to the US West Coast and seven to the East Coast and US Gulf;
- seven services between Asia and Europe;
- five services between Asia and the Mediterranean;
- two trans-Atlantic services;
- four Asia-Middle East services;
- two Asia-Red Sea services.